• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Shocks w/ BPE & Ford 8.8

BrianJr

NAXJA Forum User
I'm almost done installing a lift and Ford 8.8 axle under my XJ. The rear shock bolts broke so I am planning to use the sway bar mounts as bar pin eliminators. I searched a bit and saw people writing that rotating the shock eye ninety degrees often led to the shock breaking.

The guy that is doing the axle welding recommended also rotating the eye on the axle end. I don't know the terminology so I'm going to borrow some pictures from MORE . Basically he is suggesting using the following shock mount on the axle:

04.jpg

I don't know anything about this stuff. However, it seems to me that there would be a lot of stress on the shocks with this set up when the axle is fully dropped at one end and stuffed at the other. The shocks would not be able to change angle as the mounts on the axle twisted.

Have any of you used this style of lower shock mount in the rear? How well did it work out?

Thanks,
-Brian

1999 XJ w/ Tomken Bumpers and Rock Rails; soon with RE 4.5" SuperFlex, AA SYE, TW ds and Ford 8.8 on 32x11.5's :)

Back