• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recovery Vehicle Recovery - Jan 24

Xjman1

NAXJA Forum User
Plan is to get the recovery vehicle out Jan. 24. All help is appreciated. It has been drug down to Sunset and is waiting to go up Millers. They will be sawing off fenders and cab and will need people to run small parts up the hill while the truck is being towed. We have tires lined up and ready to roll.
Oh yeah gate is closed but since this is maintenance we can get it opened pending weather. This makes it alot easier as there is no traffic.
Good test to make sure you are ready for Calico :)

Last edited:
What type of rig does it take to run Millers?

Have ran it in stock XJ's but would recomend a lift, 30"+ tires and some sort of traction device. Especially if you may be carrying parts or tools. Rock rails will be a plus.

TTT Do not want to go to far down:) I can not make this run due to my LASIK being rescheduled to Jan 24th. This run is a good thing.

Joe who's going to be leading the recovery effort?

Point Mugu 4X4 Club will be leading the effort. I am crossing my fingers that the Trailblazers will be able to lend a hand as well. Not a lot of work, just need volunteers to help spread the load if it comes to chopping.

Latest plan is to meet at the 4x4 obstacle course in Hungry Valley and go down Millers to the wreckage. This is to save time on the trail. Hope you can help and if so, HAVE FUN!!

We'll they got it half way up with 4-5 vehicles. Due to weather it turned out to be more challenging than anticipated. We will be attempting another recovery when weather stabalizes and time prevails so stay tuned....

Back