• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear bumper

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all. i am planning on building a new bumper this weekend for the back. I am planning on using a 2x5 1/8 inch as the main frame. Just curious if you guys had any pics of your bumpers so i could get an idea of what kind of design i want? Any good sites to go to? i already did a search but i need more design ideas. thanks

It's also a 3 gallon air tank, and tied into the trailer hitch...

r11.jpg

More at:

http://members.intertek.net/~simons5/xj/rbump.htm

That is an Extremly nice set up you have there.. I havent been able to find a bumper that accents the look of the Cherokee like you have.. Would I by chance ask for the specs or plans so that I would be able to make one..

I don't have any pictures but you can see a shot of my bumper at WWW.DHOFFROAD.COM. A freind of mine builds custom 4X4 stuff for play money and parts. His main focus now is tube jeeps and rock buggies. If your in the northern CA area send him an e-mail. He'll build you one.

Choad

LTIXJ: You also have a Kick A$$ bumper did you build that or buy it, any other special set ups or hidden accesories? Does you bumper wrap around the sides, I couldnt tell from the pic? Im looking for a multi purpose rear bumper w/o a tire carrier that looks close to a stock setup with a built in reciever...

I have already built a standard bumper for my MJ with a spring loaded reciever for towing purposes along with a costume built 5 inch lift, but for my 98 XJ thats sporting a 9 inch long arm kit Im looking for more of a stylish look that complements the XJ like with what LT1XJ has.... Need info..

Csudman and Safari Ary
For the part of the bumper on side of jeep How does that compare height wise to rock rail?AND did you tie it in at all ,like the pinch seam for rock rails, or does it hang off bumper? TIA ben

mn_xj said:
Csudman and Safari Ary
For the part of the bumper on side of jeep How does that compare height wise to rock rail?AND did you tie it in at all ,like the pinch seam for rock rails, or does it hang off bumper? TIA ben

Ben, the bottom of the sides of my bumper are about an inch above where the bottom of the doors are. So they're a good bit higher than the rock rails.

As for if it's tied in, no it's not. I didn't feel that was necessary as they were very strong without reinforcement, and I'd rather have the bumper deflect than transmit a force that destructive into my "frame".

As for if it's tied in said:
Thanks can I see any construction pics or sketches? I already have a tomken but I might use it as a starting point and weld onto it. :idea:

your bumper

Safari Ary said:
Ben, the bottom of the sides of my bumper are about an inch above where the bottom of the doors are. So they're a good bit higher than the rock rails.

As for if it's tied in, no it's not. I didn't feel that was necessary as they were very strong without reinforcement, and I'd rather have the bumper deflect than transmit a force that destructive into my "frame".

i have a silver 2001 with a class 3 trailer hitch i am wondering if you can fab another bumper if the price is right? email me at [email protected] my pms arnt working right.. thanks for everything !

Back