• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for shackles in all the wrong places

d10shun

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for 1" - 1.5" lift shackles for my 95. Any suggestions? I need just a little boost to clear a piece of fender and keep my hitch out of the dirt. Boomerang, revolving, plain??? Whats the good and the bad?

d10shun said:
I am looking for 1" - 1.5" lift shackles for my 95. Any suggestions? I need just a little boost to clear a piece of fender and keep my hitch out of the dirt. Boomerang, revolving, plain??? Whats the good and the bad?

MJ shackle will get you 1.25" if I remember correctly.

Will the shack interfere with the tailpipe?

d10shun said:
Will the shack interfere with the tailpipe?

Shouldn't being a factory made part. I know the TeraFlex ones on my GF's did interfer and I just cut 2" of the pipe off.

TealV6 said:
MJ shackle will get you 1.25" if I remember correctly.

MJ shackle will only net you about a .5" lift.

Every lift manufacturer out there makes lift shackles for the boost you need. I believe the RE ones are like 75 for a pair and are 1.5" shackles.

As for tailpipe interference, I think most shackles will interfere, just cut a couple inches off the tailpipe, won't hurt anything and solves all the interference problems.

Ary

Safari Ary said:
MJ shackle will only net you about a .5" lift.

What the hell was I thinking about????? :dunno: When I figure it out.. i'll let you know. Sorry for mis-information

TealV6 said:
What the hell was I thinking about????? :dunno: When I figure it out.. i'll let you know. Sorry for mis-information

you were probably thinking they are 1.25" longer for .625" of lift.

matthew

You can also use a Chevy P/U drop shackle. On Pick ups, the shackle is upside down, so it works as a lift shacke when turned over for your XJ. You can find these on Ebay for like $25.00.

Dan

sarvermr said:
you were probably thinking they are 1.25" longer for .625" of lift.

matthew

I personally think it was lack of coffee... If I don't get a half pot in my system... I'm useless.... and to think that I'm on helpdesk.... :laugh2:

What chevy pickups? S-10 or fullsize?

mine are chevy 2" drop shackles. i don't remember the exact numbers, but they are 4" longer than stock for 2" of lift.

matthew

242380_75_full.jpg

242380_69_full.jpg

they are Chevy 88-98 2" drop shackles.

I know that O'reilly's has then for 50 bucks. But if you do a a search for "Chevy 88-98 2" drop shackles" in google you should be able to find them for around 30 bucks.

FWIW.. I have Tera shackles and got around 1.75".

best price and a true XJ shackle is the summitoffroad.com 1.5" for 72 bucks. almost identical to the tera..

I have a set of these Chevy drop shackles for sale if you want them. I used them on my XJ for about 2 years. Comes with poly bushings that are still in great shape. Rides really nice. 25.00 shipped. I can e-mail you a pic if you want.

sarvermr said:
mine are chevy 2" drop shackles. i don't remember the exact numbers, but they are 4" longer than stock for 2" of lift.

matthew

242380_75_full.jpg

242380_69_full.jpg

poppabear said:
they are Chevy 88-98 2" drop shackles.

I know that O'reilly's has then for 50 bucks. But if you do a a search for "Chevy 88-98 2" drop shackles" in google you should be able to find them for around 30 bucks.

FWIW.. I have Tera shackles and got around 1.75".

best price and a true XJ shackle is the summitoffroad.com 1.5" for 72 bucks. almost identical to the tera..

4Plus carries a good XJ 1.5 shackle too........just like Summit.

Joe,
Sold! I will take those shackles off your hands! How do you want the $25? Paypal, check, money order?
Thanks
Ben
[email protected]

d10shun said:
Joe,
Sold! I will take those shackles off your hands! How do you want the $25? Paypal, check, money order?
Thanks
Ben
[email protected]

Ben,
I sent you an e-mail with a pic of the shackles. If it looks good, my Paypal info is also in the e-mail.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe
You have money!
Ben

Back