• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re: Fancy rims post......found the metric bolt pattern that works...

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
Re: Fancy rims post......found the metric bolt pattern that works...

For all those interested, 5x4.5 is the same as 5x114.3, and that size does exist. It is used by Lexus, Mitsubishi, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota and some others. Check out this link for a brief run down of what uses what.

Ronal Wheels

Now I just gotta find something for these cars w/ the right BS:rolleyes: Peace

Ary

P.S. Have you guys seen the wheels that come on the Rangers these days?? They're Alcoa forged rims wrapped in 31x10.50 BFG ATs. They look pretty slick. One of the Techs at work drives one(also has a Scrambler on 36s :D ) Peace

I spent most of Feb.03 looking into this for mine.After having dealt with 16" tires for 3 years, and with no wheels that fit my need I gave up!Im still waiting(6 weeks) for my 15x7 w/4.5" BS rims.Im currently running 32x10.5's /16 but have already boughten 33x10.5"s. for the new rims!

"boughten"??? LOL, new word RCP??

Alex, I was kinda thinking that might be a problem. I had this problem on my Crown Victoria(same bolt pattern and it's a V8 RWD) when I was in HS. Nothing would fit but truck wheels. TPI MJ may have solved my problem anyway.

RCP, are you saying you couldn't find 16's in the right size?? I've found a bunch, I'm just not crazy about spending upwards of 130$ a rim. Peace

Ary

I wanted 16x7 w/4.5" bs,and in steel.I could have custom wheels made but at 135$ each.There are alot more tires for the 15's too.

Ary- What size and b/s wheels so you need? I had some custom 16x8 wheels with 4.0 inches backspacing made up for $80 each.

standard.jpg

http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/

They have a variety of styles (steel only) and can make 'em in any backspacing or size you want. It took about 2 weeks from order to my door. Give them a call and tell them what you want, they will let you know if they can build it.

PS- That photo is at the White Bark Vista, that is where the Dusy-Ershim Trail ends. The lake in the distance is Edison Lake... home of Vermillon Valley Resort. The John Muir Trail is on the other side of those mountains.

Alex, thanks for that tidbit of info about the trail, I'm planning on starting it as close to the beginning of July as possible(pressing obligation in Montana the second week of August).

As for the wheels, I've got some black steelies that are 16x8 w/ 5" of BS that I got from Daytona Wheel. The thing is that I really want an aluminum wheel as I like the looks of them better, and my dad hates the steelies and is willing to chip in towards the cost of the aluminums rims. Thus it's a win win situation. Thanks for all the advice. Peace

Ary

Then I want tyour steelies for my 235/85/16's

Sorry, off topic

Ary, Were you the one who's coming out to hike the Muir Trail this summer? I've done a decent amount of packing in that area, and could give you some sweet spots to hit along the rout. The Muir can be a bit of a freeway, but there's absolutely some of the most beautiful spots in the Sierra along and just off it. Hit me with and email if you're interested:
[email protected]

Handlebars said:
Hi Ary- You might run into problems with the center hole size being too small to fit over your hubs. I know that Lexus and Toyota wheels are too small in that department. The backspacing also sucks on the OEM wheels, they are designed for fwd cars and have a lot of backspacing.

If the backspacing is right,any local machine shop can open up the center hole for around $5-$10 each. Lots of the low rider guys have this done so they can mount up the Z-71 rims on their mini-trucks. Just my $.02:D

RJ, if you paid attention, I'm looking for a SECOND set of rims for a SECOND set of tires ;). In other words I'm keeping the steelies for the ATs.

GreenGhost, yes, I'm the one that is plannin to hike the trail this summer. I have to be home by the 9th of August at the VERY latest(Washington DC) so that I can fly to Montana w/ my family, don't ask why I can't meet them, I don't understand myself). That means that I need to leave California by the 4th I think, in order to get back in time. Do you think it's possible to start early enough to complete the trail in this time period?? That's the one thing I'm really worried about. Thanks

Ary

Ary I hate you.

Even though you know the best place in Georgetown for Gyros!!!!!!!!!

Back