• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heater core flush/open,closed

The flush should work on any XJ. Follow what he says about cutting the hoses off your heater core vs pulling them off and risking damage. Might want to get new ones at the dealer and replace them.

I found using 4 ft lengths of hose work better. It allows you to hand the hose over the fender and lets you collect the "dirty water" in a bucket.

I purchased 4 ft of 5/8 hose and 4 ft of 3/4 inch hose. I also picked up the female hose end repair fitting for each hose. I also got one of those hose shut off, one of the ball valves you turn 90 degrees to turn off the flow.

I hooked up my hose to a hot water faucet in the basement and the ball valve thing make it much easier to switch from the one hose to the other to do reverse and forward flushing. Keep flushing until the water collected in the bucket is clear insted of brown.

I got 2 molded hoses at the local Auto Zone,they are molded in a 90deg mold.
@ 6 or 7" on the short end is 3/4" the straight piece@3 ' is 5/8".
If your using heater hoses for 92' on up they will fit nicely,coming from the htr core to the htr valve and from the wtr pump to the htr valve.
Hoses were @ $15 apice but since the htr hoses have to be bent to be routed, they won' crimp.

Back