• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dome Light Problem

xj92

NAXJA Forum User
I can't get my dome light to come on when I open my door. I don't think it's a fuse because it does still turn on, and I don't think it's the switch thing in the door because the key buzzer still sounds when the door is open. Anybody have any ideas of what to look at?

SYMPTOMS:
Dome light doesn't come on when the driver door is open.
Dome light comes on if I turn the headlight knob or if the passenger door is open.
The buzzer does activate with the driver door open, although sometimes it takes up to 30 or 45 seconds of the door being open before it activates (when the keys are in or lights on).

The driver's side door switch actually contains two(2) switches. One for dome, and one for buzzer.

There should be a connector behind the left kick panel. It should have 2 yellow wires and 1 black.

The switches share the black wire. Measure between the black and the yellows.

Last edited:
XJ92,

If you look right above the drivers kick panel you should be able to see a connector that has three wires in it. One is for 12v. One is for the dome light curcuit and the other goes to the buzzer for the door open. The switch is probably bad. Pull the switch out, very easy, and look at the connector on the back of the switch. Make sure the wires are in good shape, if they are replace the switch. You can actually check to see if the switch is bad by using a multi-meter and ohm it out with the switch depressed.

Alex

Back