• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swaybar Disconnects, Stock Suspension

cshontz

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased Tera disconnects, QDFXZ, with the intention of installing them immediately, and using them on my Cherokee while its suspension is still in stock form.

As it turns out, the disconnects are considerably longer than the stock links. It looks like the length difference would be enough to cause problems. For instance, the top of the link could interfere with or even bust through the fender if the suspension compresses beyond a certain point.

I plan to install a 3" lift in the future, but I do not know when this will take place. Otherwise, I would be content with not installing them until the vehicle is of sufficient suspension height.

The safe thing to do would be to set them aside until the lift is installed. However, before I abandon the idea completely, do any of you have first hand experience with a similar situation? ... any suggestions?

Do you plan on disconnecting the swaybar when you wheel (not necessarily a dumb question :) ) before you lift? If not don't bother with them until you get the lift.

Take a pic for us so we can see just how close is close. With the swaybar connected you won't get much upward travel so it may not be a problem. Not planning on jumping the thing anytime soo are you? ;)

I run these with 3.5" of lift, and I have a hole in each fender to prove it :). They're just barely too long for my lift, so you'd have all kinds of problems running them stock. I'm debating cutting mine down a little bit so they match my lift perfectly, and I'm going to cut some of the bolt off that sticks through so it doesn't go through the fender anymore. The bolt is the only part that went through the fender, so I have a hole that size on each side.

replace the lower stock bolts w/ tractor pins (cheapo discos) for using the stock links sitting on flat gound & a few minutes w/ a wrech to get the top nut off the link, you have Sorta-quik disconnects & save the others for when you add so lift to that puppy..

Back