• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How does a TSB work???

EljayK004

NAXJA Forum User
Alright I just bought my Cherokee and I was looking up all the recalls and TSBs(Technical Service Bulletins) and I noticed one for the Keyless Entry. My Keyless Entry thing does exactly what the TSB is for and I was wondering what's the deal with them? Is it like a recall or is it just something the dealership gets to inform them how to fix a problem?

A technical Service Bulliten (TSB) is supplimental information. They usually are issued once some threashold of complaints/warranty work have been done. Usually with problems like this the dealer is calling the coroporate tech support to find a solution. Once a solution that works is determined then a TSB is issued.

If you read the entire text of the TSB it will list out the amount of time to accomplish the job. It also mentions stuff about being covered by warranty, etc.

If you are having the problem described in the TSB you can use the instructions and fix it yourself OR if you lack some tools/skills you can take it in and say "I am having this problem" and hand them a copy of the TSB. If you have a 2000 XJ like your profile says you will have to see how long the warranty covers the problem - 3 years/36,000 or 7 year/70,000 miles.

This might be a good time to develop a relationship with the local dealer. If you indicate you want to use them for service they may be able to do something so it does not cost you. It worth asking....

OK, how do you guys check to see if your vehicle has any TSBs on it? I took a quick look at the Jeep web site and didn’t see anything listed. BTW I have a ’91 Limited (Canadian version, yes it does make a difference).

Wiley Coyote said:
OK, how do you guys check to see if your vehicle has any TSBs on it? I took a quick look at the Jeep web site and didn’t see anything listed. BTW I have a ’91 Limited (Canadian version, yes it does make a difference).

Canadian, DC Recall by VIN #

http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/...xtra.daimlerchrysler.com/wccs/ca/index_en.jsp

Enter the last 8 characters of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): in the little box at the bottom. If something comes up write the recall number down and go into your local dealer to have it fixed......

Back