• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swapping out a D35 with anti lock brakes

choad

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 XJ with the weak D35. Time for a gear change and larger meats. I've searched past threads but don't see any info on swapping out a D35 with anti lock brakes. Am I stuck with a Super 35 kit? What about disconnecting the anti lock brakes to run an 8.8? M.O.R.E.'s web site says the 8.8 swap won't work if you have antilock brakes. Anyone have the same problem.

Choad

I asked this over on JU a while ago (I'm in the same boat as you) and was basically told that you can disable the abs and run any axle ya want, or pay $$$ to get custom tone rings for the axle made to work with the abs. Might wanna do a search here or on JU about disabling the ABS. Thats all i know

Choad, I have a ’91 with ABS and all I have to do to disable it is remove the relay (in the fuse box under the hood). It should be the second or third relay from the front (mine is marked). I don’t know if your system is the same, but pull it out and give it a try.

Back