• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About time for a new exhaust.

I'm running a 2.5" Gibson cat back exhaust. Great power gains. The same day I added an airtube, K&N filter and Airaid TBS. Everything was great in the beginning till I started changing stuff. The exhaust has now become a royal pain in my *!@#*. The 2.5" pipe doesn't fit between a Tomken gas tank skid and the shackle without rattling. The HUGE Gibson muffler hangs down too far and holds my e-brake cable up (really tight). Doesn't sound good. Sound got worse with the addition of a high flow cat. Will be scrapping pricey exhaust soon.

Choad

drop a cherry bomb in it and after a week of the smell of burt fiberglass it'll sound cool!

I've had two Gigson setups in different xj's one with a hf-cat and loved them. Clearandce can become an issue as you lift it; I know that I had to do two fixes so far with a 4' bar to redirect its position and prevent knocking. I like the sound as its on the quieter side. Just my .02

Back