• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

window tint goo

90xjDave

NAXJA Forum User
The tint on my rear window is flaking off so I pulled the rest of it off and there's a bunch of the sticky goo left on the glass. Anyone have any great ideas on how to get that stuff off?

Try window cleaner too, that worked when I took my tint off.

I second the WD and the razor. Take care of as much of it as you can with the razor. I wouldn't recommend the GooGone because it leaves a messy, well, goo all over the window. It does work great and smells terrific, though!
You should be able to take the googone off with the WD, I think that's what I used... that and bleach and about 30 mins of hard scrubbing... you can tell I've had fun with this before. :banghead:

WINDEX!! and a razorblade.... I'm a car guy before jeeps... i know these things... the amonia jellies it or something...

the tinters i know spray it with amonia, cover with black garbage bag and sit it in the sun for a few hours to let it work. 000 steel wool will take it off Defroster w/o ruining it.

I Used Xylol or whatever it is that you use to thin Herculiner and Steel wool. Soak the steel wool with whatever you decide to use as a solvent, and just rub it around and break up the goo, you will then be able to just wipe the adhesive right off of the window and you won't harm the defroster, I used the steel wool on all the widows because it made it so quick!

Back