• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

junkyard winch confusion!

dan f.

NAXJA Forum User
well, i nearly soiled myself when in the junkyard today i stumbled across what looked like a warn 8274 winch. however, upon further inspection i came to see that it might in fact be a milemarker. the metal tag that usually gives the brand, model, serial #, etc was totally faded and i could just make out the words "milemarker".

it looked like it was missing some parts, but i thought if i could identify the brand, i could refurbish it, as it will probably be under $100. it was the same design as the 8274, but i couldn't find any milemarker thing like it on the web.

am i crazy, or is there some truth behind my theory? if you guys give the nod and it hasn't been sold, i'll probably bring it home in the next couple days.

thanks,
dan f.

I have seen some souped up 8274's as well as lots of hydraulic variants - if the gear box the same as a warn upright I would guess someone just changed the power source... Otherwise give milemarker a call - plus if it runs buy it for the uniqueness alone!

Back