• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know about 96 xj's?

Jeremyvnc

NAXJA Forum User
:smsoap:
Wow, I just got done with my remote starter w/keyless entry and have found the 96 xj must have been an experimental year for harnesses and wiring diagrams.
Looking for a book on just 96's.
If you look for wiring diagrams online, you find books for 97-01, or 87-95. Whats the deal with the hole in chryser's line of Jeeps for experimentation.
:smsoap:

that was the first year of OBDII. which was forced on us by the govt. before the redo was ready in 97. the 97 diagrams will be the closest as far as engine electronics. the 95 as far as body. i can get diagrams for 96 and later with relative ease online through dcx what did you need?

a-mechanic said:
that was the first year of OBDII. which was forced on us by the govt. before the redo was ready in 97. the 97 diagrams will be the closest as far as engine electronics. the 95 as far as body. i can get diagrams for 96 and later with relative ease online through dcx what did you need?

Well can you just tell me how to find it or is it a "connection" you have? If you can't tell me, then can you get me the wiring diagram for the ignition, radio, and lighting system?

its through the dealership i work at and is straight into the dcx web-based tech connect. so yes its a "connection" but you can't have my id or password to get there.

a-mechanic said:
its through the dealership i work at and is straight into the dcx web-based tech connect. so yes its a "connection" but you can't have my id or password to get there.

Okay well could you get it for me?

I understand, mostly if you would send all info on the radio (wanna be sure to get that right :) ) and ignition harness (all wires going to the steering wheel), I thought two more: the dome lighting and if you can get it, the fuse box layout b/c my 96 xj book didn't come with this jeep ( :soapbox: ). Thanks.

Btw, send it to this email: [email protected]

Thakns a bunch! :laugh2:

Back