• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Simple steel 1/4" rotor?

Jeff 98XJ WI

NAXJA Forum User
I have been searching for some time for a simple 1/4" thick rotor to mount to the back of my 32 spline output flange for a 231 with AA sye. It needs to be 9.5 to 10" in diameter and have a center hole of 2.25" to 2.5". I have found many different rotors from motorcycles, snowmobiles, Go Karts etc., but none will work for one reason or another. Many of them have spoke like pieces so that I can't mount them to my flange. If anyone has some more ideas or links to different rotors, please pass them on. TSM's rotors are too small in diameter and also have a large irregular shaped center hole because they are designed to fit against the back of standard yokes. I can probably modify something by cutting it down in diameter, opening up the center hole, and drilling a bolt pattern, but I need some raw material to start with. Jeff

Jeff, contact your local machine shop and make one. I bet you'd be under $50 at the right shop.

Sean

Might want to search Pirate some. I remember a bunch of guys are making them for themselves, but didn't like the mild steel idea and were using 4130 I believe. I don't see an issue with mild as an e-brake, at that size, I can't see much warping???

Steve

Back