• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

torque converters?

Legacy

NAXJA Forum User
any one no where i can get an torque converter for my 91, its an auto?
i'd like something better then stock.
thanks for any input.

You could try Level Ten transmissions (www.levelten.com) but I seem to recall that all their AW4/A340 stuff is "exchange basis" - you have to send in a part to get one.

Why do you want to change the TC? It's not like you need high stall speed for a truck. If you are after an earlier lockup, there are electrical mods where you install a switch to override the TCU lockup circuit and engage the solenoid for the TCC, and that might be more what you want. If you are going that route, you might even go so far as to do a full switch install so you can shift your AW4 manually at will, yet switch it back to automatic when you are on-road.

Givvus some more information, and we can give you better answers!

Oh - be warned that anything beyond a reseal kit for the AW4 is relatively expensive, so plan your mods carefully before buying parts (I've never known a tranny shop to take anything back, installed or no. Moreso when it's not a "shelf part" for them!)

5-90

thanks for the input, any one else have some input?
I'm looking for torque converter for my 1991 xj,2wd.
thanks for the input.

Back