• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Mount

Matthew K

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all-
A few months ago I replaced my transmission mount. Lately it felt like something heavy was shifting around slightly when I drive at low speeds or at angles. I went under my 95 XJ sport and noticed that the two main bolts (one on either side) of the mount were loose-I guess I didn't torque them up enough. Does anyone have any suggestions for torqueing them with the x-member still in place? The bolts are accessible, but the nuts on the top are hard to get to, and I don't have a lift. Also, are the bolts supposed to go up through the mount with the nuts on the top or vice versa? Thanks for your help.
Matt

Why dont you delete one of these post??

Matthew K said:
Hello all-
A few months ago I replaced my transmission mount. Lately it felt like something heavy was shifting around slightly when I drive at low speeds or at angles. I went under my 95 XJ sport and noticed that the two main bolts (one on either side) of the mount were loose-I guess I didn't torque them up enough. Does anyone have any suggestions for torqueing them with the x-member still in place? The bolts are accessible, but the nuts on the top are hard to get to, and I don't have a lift. Also, are the bolts supposed to go up through the mount with the nuts on the top or vice versa? Thanks for your help.
Matt

Back