• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stupid speedo question

h.curtis

NAXJA Forum User
Did a search and came up with either a 34 or 36 tooth. Don't know if having a 5sp makes a difference. I have 33 KO's and 4.10's. I had 3.07's with 29's stock I think.

Sorry if this is too stupid.
Curt

h.curtis said:
Did a search and came up with either a 34 or 36 tooth. Don't know if having a 5sp makes a difference. I have 33 KO's and 4.10's. I had 3.07's with 29's stock I think.

Sorry if this is too stupid.
Curt

According to my calculations it should be 34 tooth... but for the calculations I assumed that what I got from the factory should be right, which I don't think it was. Anyways, those same calculations pointed me to a 36 tooth speedo, which gives me about 4% error (80 on the clock and I'm doing only 76.5). Btw, how do you like your 33's with the 4.11's? I'm thinking that when I will go up to 33's I will want 4.56's very soon there after.

Kejtar said:
According to my calculations it should be 34 tooth... but for the calculations I assumed that what I got from the factory should be right, which I don't think it was. Anyways, those same calculations pointed me to a 36 tooth speedo, which gives me about 4% error (80 on the clock and I'm doing only 76.5). Btw, how do you like your 33's with the 4.11's? I'm thinking that when I will go up to 33's I will want 4.56's very soon there after.

Thanks. I did a lot of reading on what gear to use. I would have gone with 4.56's if I had an auto. I like my 4.10's on my set up. The reason I went with 4.10's were because I am running 10.50's and have stock bumpers and no winch or anthing. I am pretty light so I figured 4.10's would be ideal. I also have a full Borla exhaust and my low end torque is strong. That is the reason I choose 4.10's. I think 4.56's would be a good gear if you have some extra weight or an auto. Most people want the 4.56 and I can understand why, but for my set up I am right on.

Curt

What in the heck are you doing with teeth in your speedo?
Do you know whose teeth they are?
Is there a story?
I wear the Speedo Jr., in fishnet, and there is no way I could do the European Crawl without incurring serious damage with any type of sharp bits of calcium in my swimwear.
Perhaps you should consider a drysuit?
Or keep the teeth in your swimcap?
Best of luck in your endeavors.
Hasta.

bgcntry72 said:
What in the heck are you doing with teeth in your speedo?
Do you know whose teeth they are?
Is there a story?
I wear the Speedo Jr., in fishnet, and there is no way I could do the European Crawl without incurring serious damage with any type of sharp bits of calcium in my swimwear.
Perhaps you should consider a drysuit?
Or keep the teeth in your swimcap?
Best of luck in your endeavors.
Hasta.
????

Figure out what your speedo error is and change the gear by the same percentage. If your speedo is 5% high, get a gear with 5% more teeth. If the speed is 5% low, get a gear with 5% fewer teeth. You can use a GPS to compare your speedo against.

PaulJ said:
Figure out what your speedo error is and change the gear by the same percentage. If your speedo is 5% high, get a gear with 5% more teeth. If the speed is 5% low, get a gear with 5% fewer teeth. You can use a GPS to compare your speedo against.

Well, I don't have GPS. It is reading way high. I think I'll slap in a 34 and see how it is. Although I would rather read low than high.

Curt

h.curtis said:
Well, I don't have GPS. It is reading way high. I think I'll slap in a 34 and see how it is. Although I would rather read low than high.

Curt

If you got AAA, find out from them when are they going to be doing speedo checks in your area.

Back