• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

unbolting tranny and engine problems

redyouch

NAXJA Forum User
hey, im in the process of replacing my engine. i have everything unbolted except the transmission. i got 1 of the torx bolts off. the other i had to dremel the head of because it rounded off. i took off the starter, and 4 of the nuts/bolts on the bottom of the engine. then i removed the two bolts on the front side of the engine. the cps is still bolted on. shouldnt the engine just slide right off the tranny now? i really dont want to have to take the transmission out too. thanks for any help.
-chris

also, i diagram off all the bolts needed to disconnect the engine and transmission would be awsome. i have a haynes manual and it doenst show it.

You need to remove the four bolts on the flex plate that attach to the torque converter. They can be accessed through the inspection cover at the base of the bell housing. You will have to rotate the engine to get all of them, but you should be able to turn it by hand with your wrench.

Back