• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Computer Intelligence

MrShoeBoy

NAXJA Forum User
have an adj MAP sensor built and ready to go on my Jeep. I am planning on installing it next week and tuning it at www.p1auto.com They have a mustang dyno which does a better job at tuning a vehicle than a regular dyno jet.

A question that Bob, one of the owners and good friend of my dads brought up, is if the map is adjusted to a level that the computer reads as rich, will the computer take some trim out of the fuel curve and render any advances of the adj map useless?

How much learning and adjusting does the factory ECU do over long periods of time? How will this effect preformance and gas mileage? I understand that the computer will mess with the fuel when in closed loop but will the adjustments in closed loop effect anything in open loop?

You can expect to hear about any gains or losses with the adj map hopefully next week if everything goes well

Thanks,

AARON

The engine computer will only adapt to any changes in A/F made by the MAP adjuster under closed loop operation where it reads the O2 sensor signal. At other times it'll ignore the O2 sensor signal so if you set it to run rich at WOT, it'll stay that way.
The ideal A/F ratio at WOT is about 13:1 on a N/A engine, so that's what you need to aim at on the dyno.
Under light throttle cruise or deceleration, the A/F ratio should be nearer 15:1 or slightly leaner to maximize fuel economy.

Back