• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear main seal

jeepguy97

NAXJA Forum User
So i get the lift installed and now i spring an oil leak and a power steering leak (lol) oh well...Question is can u install a new rear main seal in a 97 cherokee without pulling the trans. I swear someone hear said u could but now i cant find it.

jeepguy97 said:
So i get the lift installed and now i spring an oil leak and a power steering leak (lol) oh well...Question is can u install a new rear main seal in a 97 cherokee without pulling the trans. I swear someone hear said u could but now i cant find it.

no need to pull the trans only the oil pan. i have not replaced mine yet and 100,000 is coming up soon (also just switched to synth. oil a few thousand ago) but lots of guys have done it.

do a search on 'rear main' or similar words and you'll likely find a wealth of info. also check out jeepin.com for a pretty good write-up with pics.

hth

Back