• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

disco install problem. need help

jeepster

NAXJA Forum User
Well i just installed my first lift on my first cherokee!!!! i have a 97 sport, and just installed a RE 3.5 super flex and netted 4.25 of lift. also put on rancho shocks and steering stabilizer. No death wobble and no drive line vibrations. so im very pleased with the whole setup.

the problem is that when i went to install the discos i could not for the life of me get the bottom end link out, tried an impact, torch, beating it out, everything and it wouldn't budge. any suggestions? any help would be very appreciative.

thanks

Jeepster

I don't know why they put a torx bit head on it cause that bolt is pressed in. I had to just cut mine off and drill them out.

You can try these also:

Air hammer

C clamp and a socket

Some type of gear puller as a pusher

or the one mentioned above cut and drill

mark

I appreciate the suggestions i will try those tomorrow. thanks again ill let you know if i get it out or not and ill also post a pic of the X flexing.

Like Mark said...air hammer. Quick and easy. If you don't have a compressor, you must know someone who does. Literally takes less than 10 seconds to do both.

Back