• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bushings

Apanthropy

NAXJA Forum User
Can all of the front suspension bushings (track bar, control arms, etc) be replaced, or is it cheaper/better to just put new arms from quadratec in?

Is there a source for poly bushings?

87 XJ.

Thanks!! (no death wobble, btw.. just noticed a few things are getting loose with age last time i was under there)

I think for the $$ the new arms from Q.tec are a steal ($13. ea.) ... if your still on stock arms... When I went to replace mine I couldn't locate any "rubber" ones locally & had to go with the dealer.... about $125. Since then I've heard of NAPA & A.Z carrying them... (not here) I also bought a budget press to push them in so I spent alot to get new bushings....AND I broke my vise which was my fathers.... I'm not a fan of poly. on a unibody.
Good Luck !!
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

I second the Quadratec whole arm,so much easier.I did the individual bushing replacement from autozone for 6.99 each,but they kept popping out on the lowers.Bought the Q-tec LCA's w/bushings 19.95 each,changed both in 30 minutes.On my '90 I just unbolted put new one on while still on the ground,everything stayed lined up nicely.

Poly is more durable but transfer more road vibes,your choice there.

Back