• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

00 just dies

Rufies97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok.. this is the second time.
First time.. my fiancee was driving her XJ..she turned the corner heard a faint clicking sound and the power steering went out and then the engine died. She started it back up a few seconds. I checked the fluid when I got home.. it was a little low so i added. Ran fine for about 2 weeks.
Then today.. i was driving it and the engine died but the radio and lights stayed on. Coasted and pulled off to the side..no check light... turned off the key and then fired it back up?

Whats going on??
I recently installed a remote starter.. i'm thinking something funny is going there...but not sure what or why??
Any other suggestions or advice??
TIA
Doug

Last edited:
Doug, disconnect the remote starter and see if it replicates. We put one in the van and the hood pin switch required some adjustment before it was right. could also be the brake disconnect switch, sure sounds like one of the sensors that shuts off the vehicle, to prevent it from being stolen when the remote starter is in use. John

rnmedic said:
Doug, disconnect the remote starter and see if it replicates. We put one in the van and the hood pin switch required some adjustment before it was right. could also be the brake disconnect switch, sure sounds like one of the sensors that shuts off the vehicle, to prevent it from being stolen when the remote starter is in use. John

Thanks John...
I'll try that!
hey.. how ya been.. haven't seen ya around much.. have a good Holiday season?

Rufies97XJ said:
Thanks John...
I'll try that!
hey.. how ya been.. haven't seen ya around much.. have a good Holiday season?
been good just busy with some family issues that are taking a lot of time and effort, see ya at winterfest???

Also check for loose fuses in your fuse panel. I had a loose fuse on mine that would kill the engine, while everything else would stay on.

Back