• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? for those who chooped

XJHOX

NAXJA Forum User
I have seen tons of pics of chopped XJs but was wondering what did you do for the rear seats? I'm thinking of cutting mine but when I look at it I cant picture there being room for a back seat. Pics would be great. Thanks Jason

Dumpster!

So Far

I still have room for mine, although I am contemplating removing it. I would like to have room for passengers but I'm just not sure if I can make it work the way I want. Here's some pics.

xj-chop-1.jpg

I also am trimming my rear quarter's. Anyone got any suggestions or tips?

fender-trim.jpg

Re: So Far

Jes said:
What are you going to use for the rear side windows?

Jes
Your better auto glass shops can custom cut glass. Check with the local hot rod club and find out where they have theirs done.
Dan.

Last edited:
lexan would be your best bet.

attach it with self tapping screws with washers on them, you will never have to mess with it again.

besides that would be an expensive mistake to knock out a custom cut window.

I thought about it when I cropped mine - those who kept the seat usually used a MJ cab back and had just enought room for the seatback along the bulkhead...

I also toyed with making a pair of jump seats that would fold down - kinda like those in some of the rovers... but after adding the fuel tank and other stuff there was no room...

Matt

chop16.jpg

bass,

I'm digging you approach!

I like the way yoo brought the rear window pillar foreward for welding.

very cool.

I'll be you will be able to re-use your rear glass.

I was able to re-use mine.

it GREATLY enhances sanity behind the wheel, hearing the muffler/exaust all day long is aggrevating.

pleas ekeep posting pics as you go along.

Back