• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ leafs on XJ?

KJR93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
just found some cheap yj leaf springs and wonder if they will work on a 93 xj, they have 4" lift. how much lift can i expect on an XJ?? thanks to all, i'm still looking for dakota leafs at a good price too.

YJ leaf packs are kind of soft, don't if they'd work. They do, however, work very well to add into your stock XJ leaf pack.

They wont work. The fact that YJ leafs are SUA leafs and you found some 4" lift ones, thats going to give you like 9-10" of lift in a SOA set up.

I put a skyjacker 3inch lift front yj pack under my xj with sagged out stock leafs in place. I cut the eyes off the yj packs and bolted them to the stock main leaf. It gave me about 4 inches of lift and settled to about 3.5 or so, i didnt measure the sag. Then i threw a short aal on the bottom to match the front and it brought it back to about 4.5 or so. I only tried it because i got a good deal on the packs. It DOES work though.

Donovan

Back