• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DOM tubing

JJ13

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna be looking in to buying some 1.75x.120 DOM soon. Have 2 questions: 1.what is a decent price per foot (20 footers are fine)? 2. Anybody on the west coast (I am in Washington) have a supplier that has done good by them?? the guy at my local metal sales place got diamonds in his eyes when I asked how much, and has yet to return any calls and is too busy to get me a price when I go in person.

I pay $1.10 a foot for 1.5" x .120 DOM. About 20 cents more for 1.75". Slightly more on both if my order is less than 500 feet.

This is not a delivered price.

CRASH.

CRASH said:
I pay $1.10 a foot for 1.5" x .120 DOM. About 20 cents more for 1.75". Slightly more on both if my order is less than 500 feet.

CRASH.

Andy, tell us more. Where do you buy?

Guess I paid a little much! $4.65 a ft. for a 20 footer (1.75 x .120). Was it because I only bought 1 stick? Geeezzzz!!

You must have a Beezil/Chicago connection! :)

CRASH said:

CRASH.

That a backdoor deal??? The steel supplier just called me back...they want 4.30 a foot. I am not going to pay that. Where are you getting your tube from???

It's just a corporate account, nothing special. I'm headed to pick up more next Friday.

It a supplier in Yuba City, CA. Yuba City Scrap and Steel.

I do know that some individuals who call there often get quoted about twice what I pay. Our business buys a lot of steel from them, so that could be part of it.

CRASH

Could you possibly pick up a little extra for me? I only need enough to do my long arms (10 ft - .250" wall 1.75" DOM).
Thanks,
Billy

CRASH said:
It's just a corporate account, nothing special. I'm headed to pick up more next Friday.

It a supplier in Yuba City, CA. Yuba City Scrap and Steel.

I do know that some individuals who call there often get quoted about twice what I pay. Our business buys a lot of steel from them, so that could be part of it.

CRASH

I don't usually get that size, but I can try.

I know Team Tube sells 2.00" x .250" in West Sac for about $5 a foot.

Have you tried them?

CRASH

JeepFreak21 said:
Could you possibly pick up a little extra for me? I only need enough to do my long arms (10 ft - .250" wall 1.75" DOM).
Thanks,
Billy

JJ13 said:
Just found it 200 miles north of me for 1.72 a foot. I can handle paying that for it.

It's all about shopping around and working a price. My source started at about $1.50 a foot and we worked down from there. You've got to remember they are making about 100% profit on this stuff, so there is room for discussion if you can put together a big enough order.

CRASH

Back