• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I like the new Board

JHKolb

NAXJA Forum User
I like this new board format. It is very similiar to several EZBoard site I currently host so this is an easy transition for me.

Hmmm, didn't pick up the reply to subject line

Looks interesting, pics display funny in netscape, some of the pull downs end up in the middle of the pics, we'll see. The other forums we've had seem to be faster to scan for new stuff though. I like the layout though 8) Also notice that when replying it does not pickup the old subject line. :?:

Well, I always liked the old style better then this type, but it sounds like a good step for improving the NAXJA web site.

Re: Hmmm, didn't pick up the reply to subject line

[quote:2ea2b23049="RichP"]Looks interesting, pics display funny in netscape, some of the pull downs end up in the middle of the pics, we'll see. The other forums we've had seem to be faster to scan for new stuff though. I like the layout though 8) Also notice that when replying it does not pickup the old subject line. :?:[/quote:2ea2b23049]

You need to update to netscape 6.2...free on cnet or zdnet...no problems with mine.

[quote:ac77b92ed9="JHKolb"]I like this new board format. It is very similiar to several EZBoard site I currently host so this is an easy transition for me.[/quote:ac77b92ed9]

I don't. It's easy to use, but now you have to go through the whole thread instead of being able to look at just the posts you want to and you have to use this quote sh!t to reply to an individual post. NAXJA stood out because of the different type of boards we used, now we look like JU and most everyone else.

[quote:9e6da8dbf2="CHW"]
I don't. It's easy to use, but now you have to go through the whole thread instead of being able to look at just the posts you want to and you have to use this quote sh!t to reply to an individual post. NAXJA stood out because of the different type of boards we used, now we look like JU and most everyone else.[/quote:9e6da8dbf2]

I agree with Chris. I frequently check out JU as well as NAXJA and the JU format forums are a PITA to navigate. And from what the former owner of JU told me, his software isn't any less space-hungry than what NAXJA has been running, so I don't see any overriding, compelling NEED to change to something that's inferior to what we had.

JMHO

(Now - let's see if it will even allow me to post)

Eagle - Lifetime NAXJA Member

[quote:0c46cda381]
I agree with Chris. I frequently check out JU as well as NAXJA and the JU format forums are a PITA to navigate. And from what the former owner of JU told me, his software isn't any less space-hungry than what NAXJA has been running, so I don't see any overriding, compelling NEED to change to something that's inferior to what we had.

JMHO

(Now - let's see if it will even allow me to post)

Eagle - Lifetime NAXJA Member[/quote:0c46cda381]

Have you even bothered to read what was posted on the Members board? or is that a PITA as well? I mean, ya hafta enter a password....couple mouse clicks....How do we cope? You don't see any compelling NEED to make a change? I thought is was decently explained on the Members foum? Yet you choose not to comment there (other than a very negative statement)? Why may I ask? You go to all of the trouble to navigate this POS, and post here? can't be all that hard now....can it!

As to your conversation with Chris Henry and "space" needs of the forum.....I don't ever remeber "space" being give as the reason to make a change. JU is CGI driven. NAXJA is CGI driven. Both are resource hogs. Space is not the issue. Get your facts right before you spew forth. How about that? sound reasonable?

Jeez, I cannot believe the energy some people will spend to bitch instead of taking a useful approach.

Eagle....GO READ THE MEMBERS forum!~ I think you are pissed because SOMETHING changed...OMG, something to get used too...Oh my. Get a grip! Yeah I am pissed.....all I see is negativity coming from you lately.

First - Amen to Glenn.

Well I can't compare this board to JU since I don't post there (too many ego's and everyone "seems" to be an expert at everything to deal with over there) but I like it - GOOD WORK TO THE WEBTEAM!

- This - :twisted:

If someone dosen't like change then why frequent these boards in the forst place? Aren't these boards here to help answer questions on changing our XJ's? If all anyone wanted was info on how to CHANGE their oil on their stock vehicle - GO TO YOUR LOCAL DEALER AND ASK!

Change is good - Change is Great - The more Change the Better!

- OR This - :evil:

No change at all, reinstall DOS 4.2, dial-up (you know that modem thingy that makes funny noises) and connect to a text line driven BBS and have fun!

Glen, you knew there would be people who would not like the forum change, you should expect that. You need to win them over, not make them bigger enemies.

Me, personally...I am not worried about making bigger enemys, This is not kindergarten, I am a big boy...just as I assume Eagle is a big boy.

I do not worry too much that somebody does not like a change....that always comes with any change. I object to visiting three very seperate NAXJA forums....and seeing the same type of "I hate it" message. To me, it shows that, while it might be a PIA to learn/accept a new style, it is much easier to just go around and make sure that as many people as possible know that he is not happy with the change. Just does not seem to make sense to me.
GlenN

My only real dislike is...

:D The current forum that we are running is much quicker to see new posts on. I cruise during the day and between support calls or system mods or whatever I'm doing I make a quick hit on our current tech, nontech and modified boards. It is just real quick to see the new stuff. I, and others, will most likely learn the 'oolies' of this particular software but it will take some time. Constructive comment would be starting from the top, resize the NAXJA.ORG jpg and make it smaller on the boards themselves and on to the right of the pic shrink that down accordingly, eliminate some white space. I do like being able to scroll down on a reply and look at ALL the posts because usually I read the original post and all the replys bofore putting my .02 in unless I'm really opinionated about something :roll: Keep up the good work. Oh yes, and wheres the spelling cheater :D

RichP

yee ha

:lol: found the 'view posts since last visit', I'll get there eventually. Just gott RTFM first.

RichP

Back