• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cruise control stalk

chassellbandit

NAXJA Forum User
wondering how hard it would be to adapt a stalk from a cherokee with cruise to one that doesn't. got a 93, with no options cept the 4l, but i swapped motors with one from another 93, near as i can can tell it mut've been fairly well loaded. so is it possible to jsut put a new stalk in, re wire some things an be done? i ahve no idea where the controller would be, anyone help me on that? thanx, help is appreiated.

Cruise control is driven by the ECU (aka PCM). I would suspect that all the wiring is present, all you would need to do is add in the switch assy on the turn signal stalk, and the servo/cable assy under the hood.

First thing you need in a wiring diagram for the entire CC circuit. Let me see if I still have the diagrams for my old 1992 model. The ones for 1993 should be the same.

If you want those diagrams, PM me.

chassellbandit said:
wondering how hard it would be to adapt a stalk from a cherokee with cruise to one that doesn't. got a 93, with no options cept the 4l, but i swapped motors with one from another 93, near as i can can tell it mut've been fairly well loaded. so is it possible to jsut put a new stalk in, re wire some things an be done? i ahve no idea where the controller would be, anyone help me on that? thanx, help is appreiated.

Last year I bought an 01 Sport that had everything but cruise, so I decided that I was going to get it one way or another, not wanting to adapt a stalk where there was none before, I found a steering wheel unit on jeepsareus.com

They sell factory parts with a 12/12 warranty and come with all the hardware included. They also come with instructions for complete installation. Check that site out and see what you can find, I dont think you will regret it. I got mine there and had it installd by a pro and you would never now it was put in after the fact. It works very well. It was a little pricey but I have the piece of mind that it is a factory product. Good Luck with the installation!!

Chuck

Back