• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about my new D44: Limited Slip Discs etc...

Skorpyo

NAXJA Member #241
NAXJA Member
Hey all. My wonderful, fantastic, beautiful, loving wife got me an XJ Dana44 for xmas and it's got a factory limited slip in it. I'll probably *eventually* upgrade this to a selectable locker (OX, ARB, electrac etc) but I wanted to know how reliable these factory limited slips are and what I should expect of them.

Also since it's sitting out nice and pretty I was wondering what experiences others had had with swapping in disc brakes on their 44s. I've read an article on MadXJ about it, but would like some real world experienced advice. Would you all recommend that I buy the ZJ hardware new from an autopart store or pull it off of a junk yard ZJ? I really don't want to buy an entire ZJ D35 just for the brake hardware cause round here axles ain't cheap at the yards, no matter what they are. Thanks all,
Tim

Back