• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Floormats

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
Merry Christmas everyone!

I got a few dollars for Christmas and I need some new floormats. Suggestions on where and what kind?
Thanks

Husky floormat :)

asatxj said:
Merry Christmas everyone!

I got a few dollars for Christmas and I need some new floormats. Suggestions on where and what kind?
Thanks

The ones from Wal-Mart work just fine.

i like a heavy thick rubber floor mat with the deepest tread you can find.. for the drivers side at least.. i have got the same mat i bought at walmart about 8 years ago.. it is deep with reinforced sides and holds all kinds of water and junk.. i have a HUSKY set in the rear because kids dont just track stuff in with their shoes, they drop all kinds of stuf and the husky set totally covers the capret back there..
mike

Renegade Jpr said:
The ones from Wal-Mart work just fine.

got mine from SuperWalmart too, best mod I ever spent, grand total was $7.95 plus tax for 2 gray mats for the front driver and passeger side, they were deep channels, looks like they can hold about a quart and a half of liquid.:) Better than paying for like... 80 something bux for "factory" floor mats? I think not, especially when they all get trampled on the same way. mud, dirt, sludge, snow, leaves, rocks and etc... treats all mats equally

I'd use that money that you were gonna spend that much for carpets for something far more useful... like Rusty's air tube and K&N filter. Just a thought! :dunno:

I´ve got about the same setup as Sidriptide. Having said that, have noticed, whatever moisture gets in the carpet, stays there (under the rubber matts). Floorboards start to rot quicker under rubber. I make it a point, to periodically, dry things out. Lay some old newspaper under the rubber floor matts (suck up some moisture) and/or drive (with the heater on) for while without them. Take the matts out on a nice day, and roll the windows down. It´s a pain, but so is welding in new floor pans.

Hey 8Mud,

I agree with ya, using the ol' heater on full blast to dry my carpets out works like a charm! I spilled some water recently... ok more like a gallon of h20 all in the passenger side, had to take my mats out for a couple of days, and turned the heater on and left the windows open a crack to let all the moisture out. no probs, no sweat (actually I was sweating in 100 degree heat in the cab that day ;)), and sure beats rusty old floorboards anyday with preventative maintenance!

Last edited:
I bought the Husky floormats about 4 years ago and they have worn great. Do a good job of holding all the crap you track into a vehicle in winter, and after awhile the water evaporates leaving salt and dirt on the mat which is easy to wash off. Of course if you get too much it freezes and you have a ice patch on your floorboard, but at least it's not in the carpet. My main beef with the Husky mats is their tendency to slide on the factory carpet. After awhile they will be about 6 inches forward of where they started. I've tried velcro and non-skid rubber matting for carpet to keep them in place and neither works for very long. I've seen them advertising a new way to attach the mat to the carpet in recent ads, perhaps they have addressed this problem but I don't know for sure since mine are so old. Other than that no complaints.

XJFREK said:
I bought the Husky floormats about 4 years ago and they have worn great. Do a good job of holding all the crap you track into a vehicle in winter, and after awhile the water evaporates leaving salt and dirt on the mat which is easy to wash off. Of course if you get too much it freezes and you have a ice patch on your floorboard, but at least it's not in the carpet. My main beef with the Husky mats is their tendency to slide on the factory carpet. After awhile they will be about 6 inches forward of where they started. I've tried velcro and non-skid rubber matting for carpet to keep them in place and neither works for very long. I've seen them advertising a new way to attach the mat to the carpet in recent ads, perhaps they have addressed this problem but I don't know for sure since mine are so old. Other than that no complaints.
My friend has a set of Husky's in his CJ-8 and they work pretty good. I'd like to have a set for my 93 XJ but they only come in black rubber. For some reason, for 97 and up you can get grey. What is the difference between the two sets? Are the seat mounting brackets different requiring longer/shorter mats? Anyone know? I thought about getting the grey ones for the newer style XJ if they will fit.
Mike Harris

Well, when I ordered a set for my 94 4 years ago, they were available in gray, beige, and black. The Husky liner website leads me to believe that they are still available for 84-94 and 95-2001 XJ's in all 3 colors. I ordered mine from Summit Racing products, you might give them a call, if they don't have them in stock they will order what you want directly from the manufacturer and ship it to your door. Here's the husky liner application site, if you want to check for yourself.

http://www.huskyliners.com/jeepapps.html

Another vote for Husky floor liners. In fact I just got the ones for the back seat floor today (christmas)I have had the front ones for over a year and I love them. Only down side is cost, but I got both sets as presents. And absolutely NO movement at all. Plus they now have "sta-put nibs" to prevent any movement.

I also have the Wally world ones but I just throw them under my tires when in need alittle more traction :roflmao:

I bought a used TJ a couple of yrs ago with Husky floormats. I had never heard of them before. After two yrs of use, I'd say this should be the FIRST "mod" to any jeep. They are great! They hold alot of snow, mud, water, garbage, whatever, just like a bucket.
I just got a set for Christmas for my XJ. (tan) Get'em. You'll like 'em.

Thanks all. I'm on it as soon as my wife goes to the bank!

I have the Husky mats front & cargo area,the wifes,has the Nifty Cargo logic mat in the rear of her 98 .I like it better than the Husky mat in mine.
You can lock stuff down with a velcro type "L" holder to keep it from sliding.My Husky mat has started to roll up in the lift gate area.
Wayne

I've been using the WeatherTech mats from Macneil Automotive. Good deep corrugations. My only complaint is that my right heel wears through, and water seeps through to the carpet after 2 years. Shoe Goo is my friend.

I've had husky mats in the front and cargo area since last Christmas (1 year). I like the fact that they cover the sides, but I hate the fact that they don't have deep ribs like the mats I've had in the past, because dirt stays right on the surface and your feet are always on gravel. They slide forward, but so has every other mat I've tried. Personally, I wish I hadn't spent the money on them. I still run them because I like them about the same as my other ones, but feel I have to get my money out of them.

Back