• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME selling 3 inch lift kit?

You will initially get about 3" with the JC1A rear leafs and 2" with the JC1B, but either is subject to settling once they have been driven in. They also have a choice of coil springs which can net additional lift in the front.

tlman said:
You will initially get about 3" with the JC1A rear leafs and 2" with the JC1B, but either is subject to settling once they have been driven in. They also have a choice of coil springs which can net additional lift in the front.

Hey tlman, I noticed you did a conversion to 4wd! hehehe very cool, guess you are a glutton for punishment, or hardcore! :)

Actually, I got 3" initially with the JC1B's. That settled to 2" after a month and after I added about 50 lbs of tools and other junk on the back end (about 2.5" without all the junk I added - thus the occassional claim of 2.5" lift by retailers). The JC1A's should give you 3" AFTER settling in unless you have a heavy tail...but every truck is different I suppose.

OME doesn't label anything they sell as giving a certain amount of lift. In fact, they don't sell anything I'm aware of as a "lift kit" or "lift springs" or anything like that. They have medium and heavy-duty "upgrade" springs intended to give a better ride than stock equipment and designed to ridden rougher than stock equipment. A suspension "upgrade" rather than a "lift". Of course, I'm not Tony Brown - so all this is coming at best second-hand. But this is how it was explained to me by multiple retailers, who add the "2 inch lift" labels by what people typically see. Anyway, I know that none of that is really important - but to answer the original question: No, OME does not sell a 3" lift kit, but neither do they make a 2" lift kit.

Drewlee is right, they just sell springs with certain ratings and they can give you a general idea of lift in their application manual.

I ran the JC1A Rears and the JCXL extra leaf, with a Tera lift shackle and only had 4" of lift after everything was run hard for a while....ther tera shackle is rated for 1.75" of lift over stock.

All said and done OME rides better than most and holds up well, but they were not designed to provide much lift.

RJ

Back