• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who sells it & what's it called?

Steelerfan

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 XJ 4.0 automatic and my 4 wheel drive isn't engageing because of vacume problems and I recall seeing a kit some place that you can use to convert the vacume set up to a mechanical one. I think it was done with a cable but I'm not positive. Doers any one know who sells this kit and what it's called? Has any one used one of these kit's? What did you think of it?

Last edited:
Steelerfan said:
My 4 wheel drive isn't engageing because of vacume problems and I recall seeing a kit some place that you can use to convert the vacume set up to a mechanical one. I think it was done with a cable but I'm not positive. Doers any one know who sells this kit and what it's called?

I believe it's called the Cable Lock.

no no....its the 4x4 Posi Lok. :D ;)

I think www.4x4rockshop.com has them, just e-mail or call them for avalibilty.

You can do it yourself with a few pieces. This is something I got off the internet, there are others that differ slightly but are very similar:

cablediscodiagram.gif

Back