• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat comfort

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
I've been looking at 99-01 Cherokee's to purchase. I've noticed that the Classic and Limited trim pachages seem to have different seats. Are they any more comfortable than the standard seats??? or do they just come with adjustable head rests to look different??
Thanks,
Andy

I don't know about the 99-01's, but the difference between my wife's 96 Sport and my 87 Laredo are amazing. I just got the 87, and before it I thought that all jeeps were uncomfortable. The Laredo has more adjustments to accomodate me at 6'3".

I am going to try to find similar ones to fit to the 96 Sport. All the difference in comfort for me.

Copperhead, NH-USA

1987 Laredo, 2d, 4.0, 276,000km, stock, original clutch
1996 Sport 4d, 4.0, 2wd, 162,000mi, stock

oh yeah--

my old 87 XJ laredos seats were WAY more comfterable and had MANY more adjustments (including the ability to rock forward and back--REALLY cool) than my current 96

my 96's seats are fairly plain, with few adjustments...but not terrible....no 87 though!

ChuckstrPT said:
I've been looking at 99-01 Cherokee's to purchase. I've noticed that the Classic and Limited trim pachages seem to have different seats. Are they any more comfortable than the standard seats??? or do they just come with adjustable head rests to look different??
Thanks,
Andy

I have an 00 Limited with power/leather seats. I wouldn't say they're uncomfortable, but they could stand to be a bit more supporting in the lower back area. Maybe if they had those adjustable air pockets? I also feel like the entire seat should be tilted back some. On long trips, I find myself trying to adjust the seat and can never get it just right.

CaptTrev said:
"including the ability to rock forward and back--REALLY cool"

That's just the loose bolts! :D

dbxj said:
I have an 00 Limited with power/leather seats. [EDIT] I also feel like the entire seat should be tilted back some. On long trips, I find myself trying to adjust the seat and can never get it just right.

My '91 Laredo came loaded with power seats ... the seat "back" can be tilted forward/back manually ... and the "entire" seat can be tilted forward/back with the "power" adjustment.

They must have changed the design on the power seat rail in the later models.

Probably why my seat rail cost $800 to replace.

Yes, the old XJ had much better seats (In fact, the non-powered Laredo ones were the best IMHO). Unfotunlaty you cannot put those seats into a newer XJ as they changed the floorpan design. So I'm kieeping my '89 :)

Back