• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9"rearends

MuddyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Someone told me that there was a 9"rearend from a Lincoln model in the 1970's that was similar to the D35 in width. I was wondering if anyone knew what year that was. There is a junk yard near me that has tons of 9"rearends cheap and thinking this is the way to go since D44 axle are rare and way over priced. Any help is appreciated.

Muddy, there was dana 44 on the FS board not too long ago.....chicago area....

its from an MJ with metric ton package....

dana 44.

you'd just have to weld on new spring perches and yer done.....

check it out, hope this helps.

I seen it and thought about it but since the 9" here are $75 I think it's more to my advantage to save where I can and get something I know I can get parts for inexpensivly from racers I know. If I had the 9" rear I know a guy in Milan, MI that would give me gears and whatnot free since I helped him win 2 championships in IHRA.

I think the Lincoln Versails (sp) is similar but only has 27 spline axle shafts IIRC. You can go to a 65 Ford P/U and they have big bearings the right width but again lower spline Count than a 4X4 pickup that has 31 spline. HTH.

Mark

There is a F150 axle from say 86 or so that is real close. I may be going to scope out some axles today and if I come across anything that stand out I'll let you know.

75 bucks?

damn!

I can see why it would be hard to fork over 300 bucks for the mj 44 in that case.....

just gotta see what the hidden costs are i guess.

Back