• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cold

DARKFLY

NAXJA Forum User
ok it is now realy cold and my truck wount heat up. it will hit 220 than drop to the mark inbetween 220 and 110. it has a new 195 stat. is this a comon problem or just ine?

Mine stays at that the same mark as yours. In the summer it gets to 200-210 in city driving. I have a 195 temp stat and Turbo City housing, and 3 row rad. Just mine...who knows. Juice

I had to cover about half the rad. with cardboard to get my temps. up. Stays just below 210 now. HTH.

mine also stays at that mark. i was trying to think of why it never got above that really, and the only thing I could think of was that I have a big aftermarket trans cooler mounted instead of the hot trans fluid running into the side rad tanks. should I be covering the rad to help it get hotter? I am a newbie to these beasts and just want to treat it right!

If you have a 195* thermostat and it is working properly, you shouldn't see that much fluctuation. The thermostat should remain closed until reaching normal operating temerature and should open gradually at that point to let cooler fluid through. Sounds like yours is opening when it's supposed to but sticking open. Either that or your sensor is skewed.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Warm up in the morning took too long and then as it hit 210, bang, down to 160. I replaced most of the cooling system with mopar parts from a dealer this fall. It ran good and hot last year because the stock radiator was crap. Covering up 4 of the eight (mines a 94) grill slots with good old cardboard fixed my problem. I hope I get some MPG's back . . . .

Back