• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ flairs on XJ.

jdogg4

NAXJA Forum User
So this last weekend We were helping a buddy put some TJ flairs on his YJ. He has a lot more room for flexing than he did before. And it got me to thinking of all the times that I have seen XJ's out there and they went to TJ flairs. One I've never liked the look of the frount TJ flairs on XJ.s not sure if it's just they way they put them on or just that they did a really bad job at putting them on. SO Before he mounted them I was holding them up to the My rig. I must say they kinda look cool, but still don't know if I would go for that look. Then I snagged the rear ones to see how they would look on the jeep. Man they look good. then got another Idea and put the rear on the frount. I like that look. I'm thinking of going with TJ rear flairs all the way around on the XJ. the frount all I did was swap sides with them and then trim off some of the frount part and they look nice really nice. I know I can get a set of Tj flairs new for 100bucks but not sure if I can get all 4 rear ones for that price. I wish I could have taken pics but man it looked Real Good.

SO does anyone have pics of the rear tj fliars mounted all the way around on an xj.

four rear TJ flares look really good on the xj. One piece of advice, mount the entire rear flare and then cut it with a blade. Its the only easy way to get them on straight. dave

cool thanks for the links. SO it looks like the front are going to be easy to install. THe back look like they could be a problem with the way the body is pinched seamed in there.

grasseater said:
jdogg4 said:
I know I can get a set of Tj flairs new for 100bucks but not sure if I can get all 4 rear ones for that price. QUOTE]

This thread inspired me so I started looking...check out www.jeep4x4center.com; they list rear TJ flares for $28 each.

That's a good price. I bought two from a friend for $20 each and two from the dealer for $40 each. That was over two years ago and it about time I replace my rear flares.They're really beat up and gouged but considering what they've been through they've held up well. No aftermarket flares would have lasted as long.
OL6.jpg

Jes

thanks for the link grasseater and jes that looks like a killer job on those flairs. Got any other pics of the back.
The frount look like little to no problems at all to put on, but the back with the way the fold seam the body back there I'm a little conserned about trimming too much back there. I'm not rubbing with the 32s in the back yet but if I go to 33s I'm sure I will. the Front rub hence why I have no flairs up there right now. you can see my fronts are gone they got ripped off on the trails. I never have a problem rubbing on the frount when going up trails but I rub like no other on the way down trails. Trying to get some 5.5 coils and then the next leaf up for the rear and I should be ok.

fa64aad3.jpg

fa75ae25.jpg

Check out Jeepin.com for Jason's writeup on the Bushwacker flare install. Since you have a 4 door that may help you get some ideas on how to mount them.
I have a 2 door so I ended up cutting a lot out.
Sidewinder2.jpg

Jes

cool thanks that shot is a good one. Ya between that pinch seam and then the whole door mount it or not thing is bugging me. I've been sitting out in the cold for 20 min looking at ways to do it.

Just in case anyone's curious, I checked with the parts guy at the local dealership and he's selling them for $68 and some change for ONE flare!

yep what a rip off dealers are. I had the jeep in for that heat shield recall and the dude hit something with my jeep bent in the rear plastic endcap. I had to B!tch about it to get it replaced and then they got me a plain black one when I had the matching colord ones. they told me I would have to take it to a shop to get it color matched. and then wanted me to pay for the endcap after they said they would pay for it. they wanted 68 bucks for that endcap. Well that lady at the desk doesn't work there any more. not sure if it was just me or multiple people upset with her attitude and poor customer service. But they have some new guy and he is a cool guy. I say they got gress on the door handle and he would be out there wipping it off not telling me how to get it off or calling someone to do it or even schedualing an appointment.

I'm in the process of doing the rear TJ flares on my '01 four door. The front worked out ok, cutting to the body lines didn't go quite as perfectly as I'd hoped, but all in all it worked out ok. The rear is what's giving me trouble as well. The rear quarter panel worked out great. I previously had Bushwackers installed and so I had the holes already in the quarter panel for them, therefore I just re-used those to mount the TJ flares. The door is the part that's giving me the most trouble. Anyone have any suggestions on how to attach the flare to the rear door? I've already got 4 holes in my rear doors from the BWs and they're way too far forward to be re-used, so I'm gonna have to fill them in and get the doors painted, so I'd like to figure out how to do the TJ pieces before hand in case I make any mistakes I can cover them up while I'm having the door painted. Sorry if I'm not making any sense, I just woke up from a nap, and it's been a really stressful day. Thanks

Ary

Back