• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mounting ARB compressor.... where????

witt

NAXJA Forum User
ive got a 98 XJ with A/c and ABS... im about to get a font locker for me dana 30.... and ive been looking for places to mount the compressor.... i cant find any....
any of you guys found places? ive thought of mounting it under the rear seat... but wiring and the air hose isnt going to be fun....

any pictures would be helpful if ya got any...

thanks
Eric

You want to mount it where it can have a cool supply of air. If you plan on filling tires it's going to get REALLY hot, they basically suck for filling tires but they'll do it. If you're just running it for the ARB then under the seat might work.

I mounted mine where the spare tire used to be, away from the elements but gets a bit noisy sometimes but bearable.

Room is TIGHT...

I stuck mine between the air box and the master cylinder... had to fabricate a bracket... welded four bolts to some 11 gauge plate and contoured it so it would fit on the inner fender... used standard NPT plumbing since the rear bumper is an air tank... (that's the red line headed to the bumper)...

compres.jpg

Here's the internal control... got a gage on the right that shows the pressure in the system... the ball valve goes to the rear bumper so I can isolate it... switches are in the console...

arbcontrol.jpg

I also installed my ARB compressor between the master cylinder and the inner fender wall, however, I mounted it 90 degrees off from the pic and mounted it to the fender well with the head pointing up. I did this on my '92 and then did it again on my '98. However, with a ABS pump, it won't fit in my position. I think I did unbolt my ABS pump and moved it forward a bit (leaving it float by the hoses) with the ARB pump installed and ran it like that for awhile. I eventually removed the ABS pump and installed D44 front and rear axles as well as a cannister air cleaner which crosses right in front of the propotioning valve and the ARB pump, passes through the inner fender, and then connects to the ARB snorkel. Just some ideas for you. Jeff

Space is tight under the hood. I mounted mine where the spare tire used to be as well. It's loud when it first comes on to fill up, but for the most part it's fine.

picture.JPG

that is the pic. Juice

Back