• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cold weather gremlins

matthew

NAXJA Forum User
I have a electrical problem on my '90. It's pretty cold up here in the Northeast right now. When starting the Jeep in the morning time, the heater blower, radio, wipers, and rear wiper do not work. But as the vehicle warms up, they will sporatically start working. Any ideas???? :confused:

matthew said:
I have a electrical problem on my '90. It's pretty cold up here in the Northeast right now. When starting the Jeep in the morning time, the heater blower, radio, wipers, and rear wiper do not work. But as the vehicle warms up, they will sporatically start working. Any ideas???? :confused:
Sounds like your ignition switch has started to fail. The above mentioned accessories draw more current when its really cold, putting added stress on the switch.

DaveD in Canada said:
Sounds like your ignition switch has started to fail. The above mentioned accessories draw more current when its really cold, putting added stress on the switch.
DaveD, The ignition switch was replaced about two months ago. Is there any kind of adjustment that can be done to solve this problem? Thanks.

Turning the ignition switch over to the ACC. position, Might tell you something. If the ignition switch has been recently replaced, I´d check the connector at the switch. Make sure it´s plugged in all the way. The brown wire coming off of the ignition switch is the one you want (I believe), follow it down to the fuse block, checking connectors and splices.

Back