• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buying an '01 Sport

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
I'm considering the purchase of an '01 Sport with 36k on it. Anything I should look out for or avoid, particular to this year??????
Thanks for any help or advice. This will be a daily driver that will eventually, and slowly morph into another trail machine. :cheers:

Last edited:
A fine choice if I do say so... :laugh3:
And the part about it SLOWLY morphing....RIIIIGHT! You'll see.
Seriously, it's a great year, and mine's awesome. The last of a classic breed! :wave:

BillR said:
A fine choice if I do say so... :laugh3:
And the part about it SLOWLY morphing....RIIIIGHT! You'll see.
Seriously, it's a great year, and mine's awesome. The last of a classic breed! :wave:
Hey Bill,
Any issues with your Low Pinion D30 up front with that amount of lift??? What size tires you fitting? with what size wheels and offset?
Thanks,

ChuckstrPT said:
Hey Bill,
Any issues with your Low Pinion D30 up front with that amount of lift??? What size tires you fitting? with what size wheels and offset?
Thanks,
Funny you should ask that... :laugh3:
I HAVE swapped out both axles. The front is a HP Dana 30 from a '95, and the rear is a Dana 44 from an '88.
I'm still running 31s right now, on black Rockcrawlers w/4.5" backspace.
The LP axle is not bad with a lift, but you DO have some driveline angle issues. The good thing is everything (except gears) swaps over from the new axle if you get a '91+ HP housing.

Back