• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dodge Dynasty

Ron Hyslop

NAXJA Forum User
My daughter's 91 Dodge Dyanasty check engine light is on and and registers three codes:# 23 air inlet charge temp input voltage hi or low, #24 TPS input voltage hi or low, #47 alternator voltage low. Both air inlet charge temp input and TPS input voltage it 4.96v. Battery voltage with engine running is 14.7v. The car runs great. I figure the system is similar to the HO XJ's. Any ideas?

It's common for the computer to check for out of range conditions from the sensors (open or short). Her computer has logged those conditions which, since the car is running good, may have been a one time thing. Say maybe the wiring getting soaked or a loose connector somewhere. Try disconnecting the battery for a minute or two and then reconnect to reset the error log. Then see if it keeps pegging these errors.

I had replaced the fuel rail because it was leaking and the codes showed up afterward. I did disconnect the battery and zero out the computer but the codes come up again at start up. I was thinking of changing the brushes in the alternator, maybe its not putting out what the computer thinks it should.

Back