• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM Track Bar Mods

footdale

NAXJA Forum User
Did a lot of searching and didn't find a clear answer to my question. I still have the stock trackbar on my xj with around 4" of lift. The TRE at the frame mount is super sloppy resulting a lot of clunks when hitting bumps and weight transfers from turning. I realize that going with Rusty's/RE/TeraFlex's HD trackbars and mount would be best, but I don't have the $$ right now.

Was thinking about replacing the TRE with a heim using the stock track bar. I would weld a beefy C-channel to the OEM frame mount to mount the bar to. Has anyone done something similar and have good/poor results? Should I just wait to buy the HD setup?

Thanks!

The OEM trackbar is solid, you would have to drill it out then tap it. Then you could copy the RE non-HD bar nad just drill out the tapper on the OEM mount. That might get you by, but I recomend just forking over the dough for a new bar. At 4" you would not need a HD one, try the want ads and ebay, maybe you can get lucky with a used non-HD adj. trackbar.

Back