• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Springs rubbing on trackbar mount..help!

S

SeaMonkey

Finished my install of RE 4 1/2" super flex lift with the heavy duty trackbar and bracket on my 2000 XJ. All was well with no vibs or death wobble untill I started checking the supension on some drainage dips at the store parking lot. Needless to say awful sound coming from driver side front. Ends up that the spring is rubbing or should I say gouging the heavy duty trackbar mount. Not sure what to do to fix it at this point short of taking it all apart again and cutting part of the mount off. Anyone have a better idea? Did I not do something right? The spring seems to be seated correctly and the axle should be centered...it was aligned and looks right on. Here's some pic's even though it hard to see. =:{)
105415671Kqeqxo_ph.jpg

105415711WnRgac_ph.jpg

Can't see the pics. I'm assuming you're talking about the track bar frame mount. Only reason the coil would rub on the track bar mount is if the axle wasn't centered properly.....too far to the passenger side meaning the track bar is too short. Any shop doing an alignment won't adjust the track bar to center the axle, at least not that I'ver ever seen. You'll have to do it yourself.

Can't think of any other reason it would rub, if the coil is seated correctly.

You mean too far to the passenger side - track bar is too long :wave:

The rubbing is close to the top of the spring. I think I would have to move the axle over way to much to make any differance. I will check it out more when I get home from work. Would be nice if that is all it takes. Maybe this link will work. Photo's

Mine did that along with someone else recently.Remove the bracket and 45* and radius that edge.Then you can wipe a spot of grease on there just in case!

Back