• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

poly bad , rubber good.

MassbayXJ

NAXJA Forum User
What do they make a polyurethane tranny mount for a Cherokee? Yes please, I want :
- increased drivetrain vibrations (Daystar mount was 2.5 cm taller than stock)
- to hear everything in my Jeep rattle, including the heatercore.

what a waste of money. I broke a stud and one bolt taking x-member off too. Anybody had good luck with these? They may be fine in a vehicle with, hmm, a frame and body mounts but it was aweful in my XJ. As soon as I could I replaced it with a rubber mount and It rides better than most new trucks I drive. I can launch again!!

Well, anybody in the Boston MA are wanna buy my poly mount? real cheap !!

no thanks. Yeah I agree the poly mount stuff sucks. And often times its very noisy and squeaks alot.

No problem with mine so far. Ruined two radiators with my rubber trans and engine mounts before I realized the mounts were tearing and letting the engine slid into the radiator...now I have poly mounts everywhere...cant feel the vibes cause the bias ply swampers are beating me to death...

MassbayXJ said:
What do they make a polyurethane tranny mount for a Cherokee? Yes please, I want :
- increased drivetrain vibrations (Daystar mount was 2.5 cm taller than stock)
- to hear everything in my Jeep rattle, including the heatercore.

what a waste of money. I broke a stud and one bolt taking x-member off too. Anybody had good luck with these? They may be fine in a vehicle with, hmm, a frame and body mounts but it was aweful in my XJ. As soon as I could I replaced it with a rubber mount and It rides better than most new trucks I drive. I can launch again!!

Well, anybody in the Boston MA are wanna buy my poly mount? real cheap !!

how cheap?

poly kicks ass for a trail-only rig ;)

Back