• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts value

oldmopars

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to figure out the value of XJ Parts. I am looking at picking up a rolled 90 XJ with running engine(200k), no trans. It has both axles and not a lot else. The rad/cond was destroyed and almost all body parts are destroyed.
What would the Engine be worth?
What are the axles worth?

200k on a running engine is basically all thats good? Its prolly not worth more than 300 in my opinion. maybe not even that since from what it sounds like.

oldmopars said:
I am trying to figure out the value of XJ Parts. I am looking at picking up a rolled 90 XJ with running engine(200k), no trans. It has both axles and not a lot else. The rad/cond was destroyed and almost all body parts are destroyed.
What would the Engine be worth?
What are the axles worth?
This web site may help, www.car-parts.com, just remember some area's of the country have tons of cheap spare parts and some others don't.

Here in the northeast you could pick up a whole running 90 with that kind of mileage and a few typical problems for under 500 bucks. I'd be a little wary of anything I haven't heard running, and look out for bent or damaged axles too on one that's been rolled. If it's a really good engine and you need it for yourself, it's worth what you decide, but it would be a hard sell to anyone else unless you're in an area where old XJ's are scarce.

Matthew Currie said:
. If it's a really good engine and you need it for yourself, it's worth what you decide, but it would be a hard sell to anyone else unless you're in an area where old XJ's are scarce.
Thats sooo true. Around here, cherokee's period are scarce. I see good deals on engines in other locations, but after shipping, its not worth it. So unless your gonna try and sell it locally or dirt cheap, the resell will be near impossible.

There's a Pull-A-Part in Lakewood pretty near where you are. They charge $86.50 for a complete axle assy. and $149.50 for a complete engine.

Back