• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 4.0 injectors in 1990 4.0

Yeah, curious minds want to know.

The $40 set of ebay injectors I just bought are crap - they show signs of long term disuse, like spider nests in the electrical contacts, so I'll probably buy some from 5.0. At least they won't cause me to pass out from the fumes, or exit this life in a ball of flames.

I do know that the physical things have to match - length, o-ring size, and impedance. Bosch Gen III's look like they might fit, which leaves the electrical stuff - contacts, too, as I notice there are oval connections, now.

Anyhoo, fun? Not so much, as I need a job, too. :wierd:

im not sure on the exact flow rate but i beleive its right around 24 lbs. the FPR from 87-95 is 39psi, and 96+ is 49psi. and the plugs on the end are slightly different between the renix and newer injectors. so you have to modify the plug a little bit but they will work. im not sure if the newer FPR can be swapped over or not. but if you run into problems i would suggest getting the adjustable FPR for the older engines or the MAP sensor mod

Back