• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater valve thingy blowing up?

ChEwBaCcA

NAXJA Forum User
OK, Well after fixing the waterpump last week , ive sprung a leak at that valve plastic thingy near the fire wall on my 92. It has a vac port and Im assuming a valve of some sort....it looks like the top and bottom hook ups are plastic. It looks to be pissing from where the top part screws into the metal valve housing.....

Is this common?
Can the tops and bottoms be unscrewed
is it a std pipe thread if its screw in?

Im thinking of trying to take it apart and seal the threads....anyone do this? is it possible?

TIA
Chewy

Mine broke in the MJ a couple years ago. I picked one up at the parts store. I don't remember it being very expensive. I'm sure you could find one in the junkyard too.

ChEwBaCcA said:
OK, Well after fixing the waterpump last week , ive sprung a leak at that valve plastic thingy near the fire wall on my 92. It has a vac port and Im assuming a valve of some sort....it looks like the top and bottom hook ups are plastic. It looks to be pissing from where the top part screws into the metal valve housing.....

Is this common?
Can the tops and bottoms be unscrewed
is it a std pipe thread if its screw in?

Im thinking of trying to take it apart and seal the threads....anyone do this? is it possible?

TIA
Chewy

I pitched mine and just installed a T in its place. BUT.....in mine I need all the heat I can get, and in the Summer I just open the "windows"

Rev

I busted mine pulin the damn hose off. Its only like $20 to replace. Word around the campfire is that someone makes a metal replacement. I couldn't find it, but that is probably because I didn't look too hard.

I busted mine a few years back replacing heater hoses. I had to go to NAPA to get it. I remember it being like $15

It's called a heater control valve,should be 2 connections in,2 connections out.Think I paid $15.00 or somthin like that.
Might wanna figure out why it's not workin or what's causin the problem.

Back