• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar Relocation Bracket

motrctyman

NAXJA Forum User
I'm stock now and considering a 3" lift.
Do I need a track bar relocation bracket if i get an adjustable track bar?
Also, should I wait to see if I need to drop the tc (due to vibes), or are the odds that I will definately need one. TIA

No bracket is nescessary if you have an adjustable trackbar. And I'd wait on the 'case drop cause there's a chance you may not need it (depending on the year of your XJ) but don't be surprised if you do.

You probably DON'T want to do the relocation bracket. I'm assuming you're keeping the stock steering, right? If you move one of the trackbar pivots, the trackbar won't be parallel to the draglink, or the lengths won't match. Maybe both. This leads to bumpsteer, and how severe depends on what the difference ends up.

Personally, I'd suggest getting a good adjustable track bar (my vote is for an ORGS125, but that may be just a hair long) that uses the stock locations.

joecool said:
Would you need a bracket if you didn't have an adjustable trackbar?

I had a bracket on my rig when it was at 3" a long time ago. The bracket dropped the trackbar out of the stock mount down about 2" which simulated more lift - it did nothing to help angles or death wobble, it made it worse. Do things the right way and get an adjustable.

I asked because most 3-4" lifts I see in catalogs include a front track bar relocation bracket and not an adjustable track bar. So what make and model do recommend?

i ran a 3" lift (+ a 3/4" spacer in front) for about a year or so, w/ a stock trac bar setup with NO bumpsteer or DW, the only thing is your front axle will be offset to the driverside about 3/8" or so..

you could redrill the axle end mounting hole for that offset. I'm not quite sure what relocation bracket you might be thinking of using but i've heard some have the tendancey to work loose & become a culprit of DW..

Back