• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another XJ

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am about to get a replacement for the XJ that was stolen a few weeks ago. Saturday I looked at a '96 with the "Up Country Package" AW4, 4.0L, Power windows and door lock, 136.000 miles. Asking price $3,200.00. It ran well. The only thing I did not like is the fact that it stayed in 3rd gear for along time below say 35 MPH. I am going to see the seller today and if every thing goes well I plan to drive it home :) The bright red body paint? well, it may have to go/change. More to come.

Hey, thats the same package I have! I like it cause it came with some cheesy guards and tow kit & hooks already installed.

I've gotten quite used to the power features (windows, locks etc), I really miss them when I have to lock each door individually in the 97 XJ sport that my wife drives.

Wow, mine has only 70k miles - I guess it really was only driven by an old lady on Sundays.. Asking 3200!?! Argh - I paid 17k five years ago, but it had only 21k miles on it back then.

And The Saga Continues........

The never ending attempt to improve on the already perfect SUV. Sorry that should say XJ. Yes I drove it home last night.
The ECU, Xfer case tail stock, break master cylinder power steering pump to name a few are quite different from that of the '94 I had. Now I have to unlearn and re-learn everything. That ought to keep me busy for a while.

I will be in South America for Christmas. After that the re-make starts in ernest. Not a porblem. I have access to a whealth of knowledge unparelled to no other. :yelclap:

Back