• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disco <-> Non Disco D30 parts Compatibilty

w_howey

NAXJA Forum User
Found a Disco axle, for sale cheap.

Need some parts for 2 non discos.

What parts match up?(I hate to spend money and not have the usable parts I need)

I am pretty sure the driver side of the axle has the same length axle shafts for both. The pass side has the shorter shaft for the disco. Other than axle shafts, everything is the same. Provided they are of similar year.

All the parts will work as long as you have the same u-joint combo on the axle shaft and the stub shaft.

If you are going to put the non-disco axleshafts in the disco housing you will have to put a non-disco axle seal in. This requires pulling the carrier and putting in the new seal.

I have a non-dico in my XJ, Plan on keeping it that way.

I was talking to a friend and someone dumped a D30 disco axle in the lot of their shop. They took it inside, and other than the left side, Control arm mounts, spring perch, and sway bar link being all mangled, it works fine.

Owner wants to sell it.

Wife's aunt has a 95 XJ with a fragged front diff. She asked me to find a diff for her. I was thinking, buy the axle, sell her the diff, keep the shafts for trail spares. and keep the vacuum parts as spares for my MJ, junk the rest.

Back